Very Berry Semolina Pudding!

Thank you for stopping by little island studios, please subscribe by email to follow along in family fun!

Now that my eating has changed to clean, organic and healthy eating, there is not much that I miss.  Every now and then though, I would love to have a bowl of Cream of Wheat.  You know the kind.  The instant packets with the brown sugar already in them (and goodness know what else).  As a kid, I would pour just enough water in the bowl to cover the mix.  I liked it that way...I made it myself and it was fun on Saturday mornings for cartoons.  Remember?

I don't eat that way anymore (thankfully) but it still sounds nice - once in a while.  I honestly had no idea what semolina porridge or semolina pudding was.  I didn't sound very appealing.   Semolina is a porridge-like pudding.  Whatever you chose to call it - let me assure you that this is nothing short of spectacular and this is the only pudding-porridge I know that you'll want for breakfast and dessert!  Seriously.  


Ingredients - 

Semolina Flour - 1 1/2 cup
Sugar - 2/3 cup of your choice (see notes below)
Grassfed Butter -7 oz
Grassfed Whole Milk - 2 1/2 -  We use Organic Valley (non-homogenized)
Ceylon Cinnamon - 4 teas
Nutmeg - 2 teas 

Topping

Mix of organic fresh berries - raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries

Other amazing toppings include - walnuts (sauté in butter before adding)
Raisons
Boysenberries 
Mango chunks - fresh
Pecans ( sauté in grassfed butter first)

Absolutely amazing and so much better than anything that comes out of a packet.

Cook - 

Melt the butter in large saucepan and then add semolina flour for about ten minutes at medium heat. 
Stir often. The butter will darken the flour a bit. (that's good, you want golden brown)
While that is cooking - Combine milk, sugar and spices in your skillet or dutch oven to a boil. 
Stir often. 
Turn to low.
Add in the semolina / butter mixture.
Stir at low heat until smooth.
Turn off heat.
Add berries on top.
Serve.

Add a cup of coffee, close your eyes and enjoy the best semolina pudding / porridge ever!

You're welcome.


Cook to impress this weekend at brunch, summer dessert or Friday night movie munchies!
This is superb year 'round!

Bon Appetit! 

My Notes:

As always ingredients matters. 

 I use grass fed whole milk that is non-homogenized with cream on top!  Depending on where I am with my travels, I use Organic Valley or Kalyna. 

I use Kerrygold Irish grassfed butter.  Organic Valley has a great organic butter, as well.

I use Simply Organic and Frontier Co-op Spices.  They are non-irradiated, organic, sourced ethically and the only spices I use.

Yes, I'm slightly obsessed with color and Staub cookware.  Do they have a 12-step program for that?

These are berries from Driscoll's - organic and fair trade

With sugar - try different kinds out.  I look for biodynamic sugar (biodynamic goes above and beyond organic standards).  Coconut sugar, Turbinado sugar, muscovado sugar (absolutely dreamy) - try new things!

Food Matters.
Farmers Matter.
Fresh Food Matters.

Eat Like It Matters, Lovelies!


And at Feed Feed! 



Comments