Chocolate Oatmeal Fig Cookies!

Thank you for stopping by little island studios, please subscribe by email to follow along in family fun!

It is almost autumn - my favorite time of the year!  And I am in full baking mode and wanted to share these delicious treats.   


Dried Figs, Oatmeal and Chocolate


72% Cocoa chopped!

Ingredients:

8 oz of Organic Greek Yogurt (I use Stonyfield)
4 oz of butter (unsalted & room temp)
1 cup of whole organic milk
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup raw honey

12 oz of King Arthur All-Purpose Flour
2 teas of baking powder (no aluminum)
3 teas of Saigon Cinnamon
2 teas of Nutmeg

3 1/2 cups of oats (not quick cook)
3/4 cup of soft dried figs
4 oz of chopped chocolate (70%+)

Add an egg to the wet ingredients, if you can stay out of the batter ;)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix the wet ingredients.  Add the flour mixture.  Add the oats mixture.  Mix until blended only.  Scoop onto cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes.
Enjoy!

Ready for baking! 


My Notes:

As always I use organic ingredients as often as possible.
I am not a fan of highly sugary desserts - so add another 1/2 cup of brown sugar if you need to. ;)
I use unbleached, unbromated flour...so much better for you.
Replace Spelt Flour for the All-purpose flour for better digestion.


Happy Baking! 

Comments