Thank you for stopping by little island studios, please subscribe by email to follow along in family fun!
Get Kids Fit by giving away $25,000 to a well-deserving school. Get Kids Fit starts on August 1 and you can nominate until September 16, after that finalists are picked and the public chooses the winner! Contest runs through December.
Obesity rates have tripled in the past 30 years and our country is spending $150 billion annually to treat obesity-related health problems. School budgets have been severely cut and P.E. is usually the first thing to go. Henkel believes that healthy schools equal healthy students! They support more than 14,000 schools through Healthy School Program at no cost to the schools.
Check out HenkelHelps.com on how to nominate your child's school, each school can have more than one nomination, also check out a chance for you to win 1 of 18 prize packs including a $250 GC and Henkel products!
Obesity is preventable and here are some healthy tips from Joy Bauer, one of the nations leading fitness expert. Joy has partnered with Henkel Helps Get Kids Fit to inspire. "It's never too late or too early to reap the benefits of healthy living". Joy's mission is to improve the well-being of our nation by getting families involved in healthy living.
1. Get moving as a family! Play outside, go on walks together and have fun.
2. Try to get a two-hour gap between snacks and meals.
3. Make the TV a NO eating zone. Mindless eating and watching is never a plus.
4. Join a team. Your kids will make new friends and there is a team for everyone; swimming, tennis, golf, running and more.
5. Whenever you go somewhere as a family, park as far from the entrance as time allows.
For more of Joy's tips and information on nominating your school, please check out HenkelHelps.com
I received products to help get the word out about this campaign, opinions are my own and no other compensation was received.