Nothing says summer is here like fresh organic berries; strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries! They really are so refreshing and can satisfy your hunger like nothing else on a hot summer day. Fresh blackberries and blueberries bring memories of fabulous summer picnics for me!
Try this Raspberry Cilantro Salsa using Driscoll's organic raspberries!
Tart raspberry flavor blended with traditional salsa ingredients makes a tasty and versatile salsa. Use as a dip for chips or as a colorful accompaniment to grilled chicken, pork or fish. To toast cumin (and intensify flavor), cook in a hot skillet just until its aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- 3 packages (6 ounces each) Driscoll's Organic Raspberries
- 1/2 cups finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cups cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon mashed garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, toasted (toasting is optional)
- 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar
- Combine raspberries, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, salt, garlic, cumin and pepper in a large bowl. Mash gently with a whisk or potato masher to release berry juices, leaving large pieces of raspberry in the salsa. Add sugar to taste.
- Chill 1 hour for flavors to blend. Adjust salt, pepper and sugar to taste. Serve with chips or over fish or poultry.
|Homemade Chocolate Brownies, fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream.|
Check out :
Driscoll's website is absolutely gorgeous filled with ideas and amazing, delicious recipes.
For more yummy recipes and coupons like Dricoll's Organics on Facebook.
Thank you to Driscoll's for providing yummy berries for review, no other compensation was received. Opinions and yummy desserts, as always are mine.